So it’s been a while since we have cooked a meal in our home. (Frozen meals don’t count.)
Ever since we had our baby girl, moved to a new state, moved into a new home, a new church, a new job, and getting to know new friends, things have been a bit busy for the Meek household to say the least.
Tonight we tried a recipe that is “Trim Healthy Momma” approved!
When served with a fresh salad topped with Olive Garden Dressing, purchased at your friendly neighborhood Walmart, this is a meal the whole family can enjoy!
Million Dollar Spaghetti:
What you’ll need:
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced – divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Transfer to a bowl and mix spaghetti sauce into ground beef.
- Place half the slices of butter into the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Spread half the spaghetti into the dish. Mix cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream together in a bowl; spread mixture over spaghetti. Layer remaining spaghetti over creamy mixture. Top with remaining pats of butter.
- Pour ground beef/turkey mixture over spaghetti and spread to cover casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Spread Cheddar cheese over casserole and continue baking until cheese has melted and is lightly browned, about 15 more minutes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.