It is currently 27 degrees here in Dallas Texas with freezing rain and ice all over the place. Today, most of the Metroplex School District’s are closed down so we’re home today with a fire crackling in the fireplace and season One of Little House on the Prairie.
Here is a recipe bound to keep you warm! You can use fresh, frozen, or canned veggies for this recipe. Whatever floats your boat. Feeds aprox. 4 people. Double the recipe for double the fans.
You will need:
- 1 lb. of ground beef or turkey (add more to your liking)
- 1 can of cut green beans (14.5 oz)
- 1 can of Black-eye beans or Black-beans (14.5 oz)
- 1 can of whole kernel corn (15.25 oz.)
- 1 can of diced “chili ready” tomatoes (14.5 oz) or 1 can of Ro-tel diced tomatoes and chilis)
- 1 bag of Chili Seasoning mix (1.25 oz) or desired seasoning
- Brown the ground meat in a skillet.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in the Chili Seasoning Mix as desired.
- Cover. Reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour all veggies in a different large mixing pot. Have heat set to medium/high.
- Stir occasionally till hot.
- Add in drained ground meat and stir.
- Cover. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with freshly made cornbread or crackers!
Top it off with sour-cream and sprinkled with cheese and enjoy!